How to start an Internet Business Blog Part 3
There are five big chapters in starting an internet business blog.
3. Traffic You are here!
In the third part of our online course we are going to talk about traffic.
What is traffic?
Traffic is a two-way conversation on our blog. It is about building relationships and it will help make our internet blogging business a viable business model.
Why traffic is so important for our internet business blog
As the internet business blog is our central nerve, traffic is like the blood that is inside our vessels. Without traffic the internet business blog will make no money, as nobody will come and see our services. It is like opening a shop in nowhere. After we have starting adding posts in our internet business blog, we need to open a google analytics account and to connect this account with our blog. We can do this easily by using a WordPress plugin that is called Google Analytics and enables google analytics for all our internet business blog pages.
You can find this plugin by simply searching on the wordpress.org plugins site.
With google analytics tool, we can track our visitors on our blog. In terms of traffic we need at least a 100 unique visitors daily to get our internet business blog alive.
Types of web traffic
1. Organic traffic is the traffic generates by pure search engine search. The positive in this kind of traffic, mostly is that is free, and it is new. Every visitor will be a new one and rarely a returning visitor.
2. Direct hits. Are the hits exactly by typing you internet business blog domain name. That is the reason you need an easy to use domain name.
3. Referrals. Are the recurring traffic or traffic send because of the link building or by third parties, such as existing customers, social media, social bookmarking or affiliate sites.
All of the above blog traffic is good and we need a balance of the three to make our internet business blog to thrive.
4 ways to create traffic for our internet business blog
1. Purchase traffic, pay per click for instance, adwords, or facebook pay per click. You may also purchase traffic form traffic supply websites that they guarantee you daily unique visitors for your internet business blog. This is a highly paid traffic creation method and the problem is that is not targeted. This kind of traffic is very general and is of poor quality.
2. Search engine or organic traffic. You should aim for 30-40% of this type of traffic. This is more targeted traffic and is free and of more high quality. It is traffic created by a keyword search on the search engines.
3. Borrow traffic from other people. How we can borrow traffic from other people? By starting our own affiliate program or by guest blogging.
4. Create good quality content. Our content is our currency. As we said before in the part two of this online internet business blog course, traffic is the corner stone of creating everything in our blog, from traffic to money. Be persistent and consistent in building traffic for your internet business blog and encourage the people to spread the news.
Internet Business Blog Promotion
We need to blog daily and to promote daily our posts. We need at least one our to blog and two hours to spend promoting our content, at least in the beginning. So that it makes three hours daily work.
1. Video Marketing
Making your own videos and uploading them on YouTube or Vimeo is a very good source of traffic. Search engines love videos! A very good website for learning Video Marketing is Traffic Geyser! You can start here with only 1 $! This site offer great value and it will help you definitely to build faster your internet business blog!
There are many online blogging communities but the best well organized is tribe pro. With tribe pro you can connect with an online community with many tribes and thousands of members to syndicate your content. Join tribe pro for free here!
3. Link Building
What is link building and how it works? Link building is building back links in high page ranking sites that they point back to us, sending traffic to our internet business blog. The better the quality of the linking sites, the better the traffic and the search engines ranking for us. There are many link building methods, like article writing, commenting on blogs, syndicating, forum posting, social bookmarking etc. There are many software companies that provide link building packages but many of them are not so reliable. l suggest in the beginning, you have to start slow and do everything manually. Beware that a quick artificial link building, will end up with blacklisting your internet business blog form the major search engines.
4. Empower Network
Empower network is a very powerful viral blogging system. If you like to start promoting your internet business blog for the long run, try empower network! Its only 25 $!
What do you have to expect from Empower Network?
A. Leadership. David Wood and David Sharpe are strong Leaders.
David Wood is a bit of a wild man, who started building his online empire out of the ‘mid-section’ of a green 1996 Dodge Caravan (that he lived in) on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii – since then, he’s become the #1 all time producer in MLSP, the #1 recruiter in multiple Network Marketing companies, and has made as much as $85,000 in a single month! David has written 226 awesome articles for us at David Wood’s MLM Marketing Prosperity Blog. As you see, he is a person of value.
Same with David Sharpe
The intrinsic value of the empower network blog is blogger than its cost if you see it strictly economic, it is a n investment. A long term investment for life!
It has unique results, as a beginner can start and become an expert in a blogging field.
D. 100% commissions!
5. Article writing in ezines
A good lasting but slow link building and traffic generation strategy is article writing. There many article writing directories such as ezine articles, where l usually write, go articles, technorati etc. Bearing in mind that an article generates 1000 visitors in his entire life, then by writing 10 we will have 10.ooo visitors. The problem is the traffic is not compressed in a time period, it is spread over the years. It as well, high quality laser targeted traffic!
High Quality Traffic Examples
High quality traffic is to build a syndication team with another three or more bloggers and to interact with each other blog daily to create a buzz. Posting comments and starting a dialog is a very good start to build links and achieve a higher search engine page ranking. There are some traffic syndication software and online communities. The one l participate to and l recommend to you is called Tribe Pro. With tribe pro you can connect with an online community with many tribes and thousands of members to syndicate your content.
Another, very good source of website traffic is social bookmarking and internet business blog promotion. You have to promote your content daily. If you want to use facebook to promote your internet business blog, and you don’t know how, you can do it by taking my free course here.
Internet Business Blog High Quality Traffic Tips
In a previous post, 101 Tips To Massive Increase Blog Traffic, l give 101 tips to boost your internet business blog traffic. Here are the best of them:
- Bookmark all your posts.
- Research a topic and post your findings.
- Run relevant ads that are even better than your content.
- Write exclusively about a certain theme for a week.
- Ask a question everyone else is afraid of asking.
- Update an old post with new ideas.
- Crowdsource your next post idea to your readers.
- Use an outrageous photo.
- Make it easy to share what you are doing.
- Encourage visitors to subscribe to your RSS feed.
- Give visitors a good reason to opt in to your list.
- Pioneer a great topic and then encourage others to blog about the same thing.
- Encourage your followers to help you dominate top blog lists.
- Do a 100-day challenge.
- Challenge your fellow bloggers by writing something nearly borderline about them and close comments.
- Share link love and expect some back.
- Add to the list started by another blogger.
- Be complimentary.
- Disprove a myth.
- Write a post about something merely good, but not great.
- Create cornerstone content.
Internet Business Blog And SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or am internet business blog in a search engine’s natural, or un-paid or organic or algorithmic, search results.
A very good tools for white hat seo is SEO Quake. You can find SEO Quake as a plugin for your firefox browser or every other browser apart from internet explorer. l use this plugin and l find it very helpful to benchmark my blogs SEO performance in comparison with 22 major and minor SEO parameters. These Seo parameters are:
1. Url length
3. Meta description
4. Meta keywords
6. Images ALT attributes
7. Text to HTML ratio , it should me more than 50%. so now you understand what l mean by saying content.
8. Frames. No frames.
9. Flash. No flash please.
11. XML Sitemaps
12. Language Detection On
13. Specified Doctype for example HTML5
14. Specified character encoding
15. Google Analytics installed
17. Dublin core
18. Geo Meta Tags
21. IP Clear
22. Gzip file to utilize speed.
Don’t feel overwhelmed! You can just install the SEO Quake plugin for free and start testing! Nobody is perfect!
In my personal opinion, this checklist above is the best SEO Manual l have read and definetely if you implement it you will turbo boost your internet business blog.
The two approaches to traffic creation: Black Hat and White Hat
SEO techniques can be classified into two broad categories: techniques that search engines recommend as part of good design, and those techniques of which search engines do not approve. The search engines attempt to minimize the effect of the latter, among them spamdexing. Industry commentators have classified these methods, and the practitioners who employ them, as either white hat SEO, or black hat SEO.White hats tend to produce results that last a long time, whereas black hats anticipate that their sites may eventually be banned either temporarily or permanently once the search engines discover what they are doing.
Internet Business Blog Traffic and The Penguin Update.
Penguin was an update to the Google algorithm that was released on the 24th of April, with intention of apparently penalizing sites for over-optimization, otherwise known as spamming. Have you ever been spammed? Personally, every day l am being spammed by the television, radio, people, etc. Everyone in this life is somehow a spammer. Traditional marketing and especially old school MLM education was based on spamming. Cold calling is active spamming, while unsolicited email marketing with thousands of autoresponders sending tons of junk mail every day is passive spamming. Even the traditional advertising like tv commercials are a kind of spamming because interruptive marketing is a form of it. On the opposite side is attraction marketing. l don’t have the time to analyze more, but l will tell you what Google did on the topic of attraction marketing.
First of all, we can start to get an understanding of this update by reading what Google officially states about it. If you read the Google Webmaster Support it says this:
“The change will decrease rankings for sites that we believe are violating Google’s existing quality guidelines. We’ve always targeted web spam in our rankings, and this algorithm represents another improvement in our efforts to reduce web spam and promote high quality content. While we can’t divulge specific signals because we don’t want to give people a way to game our search results and worsen the experience for users, our advice for webmasters is to focus on creating high quality sites that create a good user experience and employ white hat SEO methods instead of engaging in aggressive web spam tactics.”
So , according to google, and l agree with them, there are two SEO hats, the white of quality and the black of SEO spamming. Quality needs time and effort, while spamming is instant but with no results and l agree with google. l was to be a spammer for a while, when l didnt’ t understand how the attraction marketing is working. Today, as more experienced l suggest to everyone to start producing 100% quality content. That is my personal strategy! l am driven and committed to do whatever it takes to produce 100% quality lasting content, that’s why blogging is a marathon, it’s not a single shot and it’s not for everyone. Success in life doesn’t have shortcuts, its a marathon, its a marathon doing everyday things, changing little by little your reality and the other people reality too.
What are the quality guidelines according to google? Here are some basic points.
Quality guidelines – basic principles
1. Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines. Don’t deceive your users or present different content to search engines than you display to users, which is commonly referred to as “cloaking.”
2. Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you’d feel comfortable explaining what you’ve done to a website that competes with you. Another useful test is to ask, “Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn’t exist?”
3. Don’t participate in link schemes designed to increase your site’s ranking or Page Rank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or “bad neighborhoods” on the web, as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links.
4. Don’t use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check rankings, etc.
Internet business blog and Alexa ranking
What is Alexa Traffic Rank?
The traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and data obtained from other, diverse traffic data sources, and is a combined measure of page views and users (reach). As a first step, Alexa computes the reach and number of page views for all sites on the Web on a daily basis. The main Alexa traffic rank is based on a value derived from these two quantities averaged over time (so that the rank of a site reflects both the number of users who visit that site as well as the number of pages on the site viewed by those users). The three-month change is determined by comparing the site’s current rank with its rank from three months ago. For example, on July 1, the three-month change would show the difference between the rank based on traffic during the first quarter of the year and the rank based on traffic during the second quarter.
Is Alexa data reliable? Not always, l have installed the alexa toolbar to check website traffic comparatively and l still cannot figure out my traffic rank precisely. It is a helpful tool foe revery internet business blogger but it’s not the only tools he needs.
Internet Business Blog Resources
The resources we need to start is:
1. A domain name service provider like godaddy.
3. Facebook Training
4 .SEO Quake
5. Traffic Geyser
6. Empower Network
8. Tribe Pro
If you want to learn more about internet business blogging, join me in empower network, it’s only 25$!
How to start an Internet Business Blog Online Course
3. Traffic You are here!
Category: Internet Marketing
About the Author (Author Profile)
John Ioannis Divramis is an online marketing specialist and Home Business Owner. Is an MBA holder, but his academic background has not helped him to achieve the success in his profesional life. The previous 12 years he had changed over 12 professions and trades and he has done more than 8 businesses till now.
As he claims, this online business opportunity is exactly the perfect business that he have been waiting the last 9 years.