200 SEO Google Ranking Factors Revisited-Are they still important? 2nd Part
Learn the secrets of ranking your website first today!
Hi again! I am Yannis Divramis, a SEO expert from Greece.
I run the Paramarketing SEO Agency and if you want a free SEO review you can click on the link Paramarketing.org/review.
If you want a 50% off your next hosting, you can use the code PARAMARKETING50 with MyIP. MyIP is a lightspeed hosting provider in Greece and international market.
So, the topic is again the 200+ ranking factors in Google. Which are still in use and which are more important than before?
SEO factors on site
We are going to second part with factors on site.
1. Content provides value and unique insights. Very important, still in use.
2. Contact us page. You need to have a Contact us page and a About us page as well.
3. Domain Trust or TrustRank. Nobody looks at TrustRank, they only look at the domain authority. TrustRank is an omitted metric. You can see your websites TrustRank by visiting the Majestic SEO Tool.
4. Site architecture. The simpler the site architecture the better for client and the visitor.
5. Site updates. How many updates are you doing on the site? The updates are including the software, the plug-ins, the code and everything inside.
6. Number of pages. You need to have at least 10 pages. The bigger the website the better for Google. This not only a ranking factor but it is a signal you are a high authority site and a site full of content.
7. Presence of Sitemap. You need an HTML Sitemap and an XML Sitemap also.
8. Site uptime. If you have problems with your hosting provider, then you don’t have at least 99,9% site uptime and you lose some position in Google.
9. Server location. You need your server to be at least in the continent that your site is. For instance, if you are in America, you need an American server, if you are in Europe, you need a data center in Europe. Google sees continents as one location.
10. SSL certificate. Still valid today.
11. Terms of Service and Privacy pages. You need them in every site.
12. Duplicate meta information on-site. You don’t need them; you need separate meta description and meta information on every page.
13. Breadcrumb navigation. You still need them.
14. Mobile optimized or Mobile first designed. Google is reading the websites and is ranking them better when they are mobile first designed.
15. YouTube. If you have a YouTube channel, you get some points in Google. Also, videos are ranking better in Google because there isn’t much competition as the posts or the pages.
16. Site usability. You know about usability. You need to have clear design, clear menu, not overstuffed, with good use of white space and easy for the people to read.
17. Use of Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools and Google Search Console. Today you need to have at least Google Analytics on your website.
18. User reviews and reputation. People are reading review and Google also give more emphasis to them.
1. Linking domain age. How old are the domains that you are linking to your website?
2. Number of linking root domains. This is the number of the referring domains actually. The more the merrier. That means that the total backlinks you have don’t matter, but the referring domains do.
You can count your referring domains with the AHREFS tool. It’s not a free one, but it’s the closest to the Google Search Console.
By visiting Google Search Console, you can see only the last 1.000 referring domains on your site, so if you have more than 1.000 referring domains on your site then you can’t see them all. You need a tool like AHREFS and you can use it almost every day.
3. Number of links from separate C-Class IPs. You need to get links from separate websites that are not on the same server or on the same geographical location with you.
4. Number of linking pages. You need to have links in other webpages, not only on the first page or the homepage or in the contact page. You need to have links pointing to other secondary pages on your website, your posts etc.
5. Alt tag for image links. You need alt text if you have a banner linked to your website or an image linked to your website.
6. Links from .edu or .gov domains. Still important, still in use.
7. Authority of linking page.
8. Authority of linking domain. The domain authority of the linking domain and the page authority of the linking page pointing to your website.
9. Links from competitors. I think that the most important ranking factor is to take a link from the first competitor or the competitor that ranks first in Google, then he gives a link to your website with a keyword that you want rank for. This is extremely important.
10. Social shares of referring page. Not as important today as the social factors, accounts only for 3,5% in the Google algorithm today.
11. Links from bad neighborhoods. You don’t need them; you have to avoid them because this is negative SEO.
12. Guest posts.
13. Links to homepage domain that page sits on.
14. NoFollow links. You need at least 20% of NoFollow links and 80% of DoFollow links, because Google still counts the NoFollow links.
15. Diversity of link types. You need different link types. You need URL links, naked links, link mentions, keyword links, image links etc.
16. Sponsored links around links. Sponsored links are devalued from Google today.
17. Contextual links. You need contextual links; I think that they are the most important links to rank for. You need links inside context of your website.
18. Excessive 301 redirects to page. You have to avoid excessive 301 redirects to page.
How much is too much? I haven’t counted them before, because I didn’t have a problem with redirects but I think that more than 50 is a problem. So, keep them less than 50 if you are doing some Black Hat techniques.
19. Backlink anchor text. The anchor text of the backlinks is very important.
20. Internal link anchor text. The internal links are counted by Google like real inbound links.
21. Link title attribution.
22. Country TLD of referring domain.
If you want to rank in France, you need French backlinks and if you want to rank in Canada, you need Canadian backlinks. This is not a factor that makes you not to get backlinks from other sites.
For instance, if you run an international website and if you have an international brand, you can take links from Thailand websites, Israeli websites, Turkish websites. It doesn’t matter… they are all good at the eyes of Google.
23. Link location in content. The links in the top of the page are of higher value and the value is less at the bottom of the page.
24. Link location on page.
25. Linking domain relevancy.
26. Page-Level relevancy. Relevancy is still huge today because if we take relevant links, then we can rank higher in Google for this relevant keyword, except from taking any general backlinks. Why need less links if we are doing topical SEO.
27. Text around link sentiment. Google can read the text around the link and decide about the relevancy and the quality of the link.
28. Keyword in title.
29. Positive link velocity. Link velocity is how fast we create new backlinks and how fast we lose them. We need a balance of positive link velocity.
30. Negative link velocity is to lose more links than to create. It’s a huge ranking factor, one of the biggest, because if you lose links every month, whatever you do you will lose ranking in Google search results.
31. Links from Hub pages.
32. Links from authority sites like TedX, Wikipedia, WordPress.com, Hubspot.
33. Linked to as Wikipedia source. If you get a link from Wikipedia, because it’s hard to gain backlink from there is good ranking factor for Google and a huge quality ranking factor.
34. Co-Occurrences. Co-Occurrences is to get 2 links from the same website and it is a must. This means that the websites that send a link to your website consider you to be an authority site.
35. Backlink age. It is better if you have older backlinks. That means that the owner of the site hasn’t removed the backlink to our website, it wasn’t some website etc.
36. Links from real sites vs blogs or spam websites.
37. Natural link profile. Very important to keep your general link profile as natural as possible, even if you have some spam links, it doesn’t matter. You need to have good links from other sites in order to be considered as quality website.
38. Reciprocal links. I cannot say that you should avoid them, you can exchange links today and still work well for me and other people in Google.
39. User generated content links. User generated links are still great, but in Google think that they have to devalue them. I don’t know exactly what they have done.
40. Links from 301. Links from 301 redirects are good to give a small, not permanent boost, for a year or less to your website.
41. Schema.org formats. Schema.org is still a ranking factor domain.
42. DMOZ listed. It is just a backlink, doesn’t matter anymore if you have a link from this site.
43. TrustRank of linking site. This is also huge in Google.
44. Number of outbound links on page, less than 100 as I told you before.
45. Forum profile links. You need to have a link profile with huge diversity of links.
46. Word count of linking content. The biggest the content the better.
47. Quality of linking content. The more quality the better.
48. Sitewide links. If you have pages that are linking to all the other pages of the website, this will help you to rank better and especially at Local SEO.
Claim your SEO quote today!
This was the second part! I am Yannis Divramis, I am a SEO expert, your SEO expert with this awkward funny accent.
Ask now for a website promotion offer
Get 50% off for lifetime in your hosting!
Don’t forget to visit our sponsors, if you would like to have fast web hosting.
Get 50% off for lifetime with MyIP! Just visit MyIP and use the code PARAMARKETING50.
Claim Your Free SEO Review!
Also don’t hesitate to ask for a free SEO review or ask for a quote in order to rank your website.
See you on the third part of the 200+ ranking factors in Google, which of them are still in use today. Bye!
Read more about SEO and Google tips:
- What is White Hat SEO?
- What to look for in a potential SEO company?
- What you need to know about social media
- Why content is king?
- Why is it important to optimise your website for mobile
- Why links are still the most important ranking factor
- Why People Are Afraid Of Backlinks?
- Why you need an SEO agency in Greece?
- Why you need an SEO audit
- Why You Should Use WordPress?
- YouTube video SEO optimisation tips